Thursday, November 29, 2012

Final Project Proposal

For the final project, I want to investigate something without a concrete answer. Something hypothetical and impossible to pinpoint such as a scientific theory and it's possibilities.

The universe is vast, mysterious and is the perfect match because we can never truly understand it. We can only theorize how and why it works leaving the possibilities endless.  In this project, I want to express the Multiverse Theory. Also known as parallel universes or alternative reality, the theory implies that there could be other universes like our own, yet different in a certain way. It also can imply a relationship, or lack of relationship with our own, such as in reality, we eat with our hands and walk on our feet. In an alternate universe, we might eat with our feet and walk with our hands. The main idea I want to investigate and show through my images is the the idea that each universe is separated from one another by a single quantum event. For example, each day we make hundreds of choices to go about our day. Right now, I'm writing this proposal and it's 2:10pm. In parallel universe, this action is not made and I am not writing my proposal at this specific time. Instead, I am scanning facebook out of boredom.  Furthermore, if in one universe I answer "no" to a question, then in another universe it could be "yes",  or "maybe" in a third.

A way I want to show this is by taking identical pictures, maybe triptychs style, to emphasize with possibilities with how we live in our own reality verses a parallel one.

No comments:

Post a Comment