Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Project 1 Proposal

For this first project, I want to use myself as the subject and capture parts of my life that only a few see. I want to capture vulnerable and hidden times in my life from an unknown third person perspective. With this idea, I plan on taking photos in the areas and places most familiar to me and my routine. Areas include my work space at PSOA Theaters, my room, my jogging path, my house and bedroom, my bathroom, local bars I attend, etc. I also want to incorporate relationships between certain people in my life. Nan Goldin's work is very inspiring because the truth doesn't have to be ideal or pretty. Also, nudity and drugs are sometimes blunt in her imagery where nothing is hidden even if it could be repulsive.  I'll probably take up to 200 photos and edit from there which ones would fit well with one another. I will also use light, positioning and color to emphasize the emotion each image will illustrate. Sizing I want to play around with. Standard photo sizes are good but I want to look at elongating the images. For instance having them all be 2x14in then layer them from top to bottom completing a massive cube of different imagery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment