Monday, October 8, 2012

Proposal Project #2

PP #2: In Plain Sight Social/Documentary (Environmental)

The new project assigned is to "explore the history of some aspect of the City of Milwaukee, whether it be social, cultural, economical, political, environmental, or personal." We are also influenced to investigate "locations of significant civil rights events, prosperous factories now vacant, deserted neighborhoods," etc.


In one part of this assignment, I want to investigate the imbalance of socioeconomic classes in Milwaukee. I hope to portray Milwaukee was a unified city, erasing boundaries that segregate the neighborhoods and bring us together as one. Research is crucial. I need to investigate Milwaukee's neighborhoods finding statistics on poverty, ethnicity, crime rate, and education. Photo composition will range greatly because of the massive range of scenery Milwaukee offers. Factories, preschools, MPS, businesses, houses, streets, both thriving and vacant, will collaborate with one another in this series. Final orientation is key with evoking the intended concept as well. I want images to flow into each other as if they were true. I think for this image I will print from Sabin Hall in order to elaborate the series with size and length. I would love to see this final piece 15"x 100" but well have to see.


-RWJ

No comments:

Post a Comment